Thursday, February 10, 2011

Faith, Trust and Pixie Dust

“Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.”
- Kahlil Gibran

Faith is a hard thing to hold onto. You asked me how I can believe the in the things I do. You asked how I find the faith to look beyond what I see, towards all that I cannot possibly hope to see. All the tiny capricious turns of fate that I choose to make sense of, while you sit in a corner and scoff at the pointlessness of it all. You wondered at my blind faith in the unknown, my belief that everything will be alright no matter how crazy it may seem.

The truth is, I can never be completely convinced that I believe in the right things. That I'm putting my faith in the absolute, the unshakeable. I cannot be sure that my views are the right ones. How can I possibly be? There are so few things in the world that can be considered completely complete.. So then what makes my view the "right" one? What makes my faith seeem plausible?

There are no right answers when you think about faith and what it entails. How can there be? Isn't faith just a manifestation of oneself? Just another mirror that reflects who we truly are? The fact is, I have faith in my faith. And maybe that's all I need to know..

4 comments:

Jigar said...

It's an interesting write-up. Faith doesn't require reason, which amounts to say that it doesn't require analysis. To say that you have faith in your faith is a nice way to look at an eternal problem.

Zeba said...

Faith is so important. And Khalil Gibran. Sigh. Hope you are never disappointed.

Lady*♥*Fiona said...

"I have faith in my faith. And maybe that's all I need to know."

Very profound and beautiful, Sonakshi :) Your blog is also beautiful and I like the way you write! Kahlil Gibran is a fav of mine :)

You have a new reader :) Have a great day!
Fiona

P.S. ~ Love your name and you are a beautiful young lady! :)

Sonakshi said...

Jigar: Thank you :)

Zeba: It is, and I hope so too :D

Fiona: Thank you so much. And I agree, I think The Prophet is the best book I've ever read. :)